Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Saturday, October 1, 2016

31 Days of Horror: Day 1-- And So Another Year Begins.

Welcome to the the 6th [!] annual 31 Days of Horror, my annual blog-a-thon on all things horror for public libraries.

During October there are many websites, people, and places celebrating with 31 Days of something in honor of Halloween, but as far as I know, I am the only place where the information is geared 100% toward horror in and for public libraries.

So if you found me through a non-library source please know that this information may not be what you are looking for. I have a focus-- it’s your local public library. I am here to help library workers help their scariest patrons. If you are simply a horror fan, you will still find useful things here, but know that my eyes are firmly set on the library.

With that out of the way, let’s get started with a little sneak peek into what I have planned for this year:

  • My regular annual updates to all of my resource pages
  • LINKS! So many useful links.
  • Reviews and suggestions of good horror titles and authors for library collections
  • Original lists
  • Many giveaways
  • Guests posts and interviews with librarians and authors
  • This year I also have at least 2 linked theme posts (taking place over a few days). One on YA horror and one on African horror. I am particularly excited about the African horror 3 day event because it is one of the hottest trends in horror and I have a guest post by one of the subgenre’s best authors.
So check back here every day. I will be here.

But before I go for today, I also want to point you to two other blog-a-thons going on with some organizations I am affiliated with. I highly recommend checking out what they are doing too.

Each year, the Horror Writer’s Association runs their Halloween Haunts posts in October with at least one post a day by members. Since the HWA is made up of so many different people in the horror field, the posts are varied, interesting, and enlightening. Click here to check back frequently.

And over on Booklist Reader, horror author and Booklist Editor, Daniel Kraus is running his 8th annual 31 Horror Film in 31 Days.  Click here for the FAQ for this year complete with links to all previous years. 

So until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment